Fraud and Scams
Coffee Break CertiPay HR Ninjas
Start Time: September 10, 2020 11:20 AM
Rachel Comella’s HR career spans 20 plus years with experience in many corporate entities. Rachel holds a Master’s Certification in Employment Law from George Washington University and a Bachelor’s degree in Public Speaking from the University of South Florida. She has been a member of SHRM and HR Tampa since 2001.
Certipay has been her home base for the last 5 years where she has provided high level HR consulting to C-Suite, Executive and Senior level managers across the country. She has also developed a training and live webinar program for employees, clients, and leaders in order to increase knowledge on HR topics and COVID-19.
This week we tackle how to protect your business from Covid-19 scams.
Some helpful reminders:
- Pay attention to your confidential info and do not share it.
- Keep your guard up.
- Don't be afraid to double check.
- Train your employees.
Some of the scams to look out for include:
- An official appearing letter from the CDC, WHO or Public Health Officials.
- "Click here" to download or "Call this number".
- Remember they are after your information and you need to guard it.
- The "Government Check Scam" be aware of requests to wire back "over-payments".