COVID-19 has created the need for a full pivot in the restaurant industry. We’re here to offer you some HR tips to help you navigate through the remainder of 2020 and beyond.
HR TIPS FOR THE RESTAURANT INDUSTRY:
4 Steps to create a safe environment for your employees and customers.
- Safety first.
- Follow CDC guidelines regarding masks and social distancing
- Create a policy for safety procedures for employees
- Follow your policy
- Be flexible.
- Modify or adjust seating
- Add or increase delivery
- Create flexible schedules to accommodate any leave requests that may come up under FFCRA
- Remember FFCRA is in place through the end of the year
- Prepare a game plan for another shutdown
- Show compassion.
- Trust your employees
- Encourage them to stay home if they are not well
- Remember your employees have had a difficult year
- Focus on training.
- Information will go a long way
- Train your managers on your policies and expectations
- Train your staff on any safety measures you are taking
2020 has proven to be a challenging year for all of us. Please reach out to Certipay if you would like some additional assistance with HR policies or compliance. We specialize in your industry and would be honored to help you succeed this year.