As you prepare to see the end of one of the craziest years we’ve ever experienced, it’s important to ensure your business is set up to be compliant and successful in 2021. Take some time to read through the items below, implement anything that’s not already done, and reach out to us if you could use some extra help.
GENERAL HR CHECKLIST:
- Confirm new year payroll schedule
- Set up performance management plans
- Remind employees to update contact information
- Review and renew vendor contracts
- Create 2021 training schedule
- Create and update succession plans
- Review hiring process, including forms
- Review termination process, including forms
- Calculate your turnover for the year
- Check departmental staffing needs
- Confirm 2021 Holiday schedule
- Confirm 2021 annual HR budget
- Create a list of HR goals for 2021
HR COMPLIANCE CHECKLIST:
- Update employee classification compliance
- Update job descriptions
- Update employee handbook
- Audit personnel files for compliance
- Research new city, state, and federal labor laws
- Update OSHA logs
- Distribute annual notices to employees on ERISA, 401k, etc.
- Complete anti-harassment training
- Complete ACA reporting prep
- Update vacation balances and accruals
- Move terminated employee files to storage
Download our HR Year End Checklist!
What are your biggest HR needs as you move into 2021? We’re here to help. Reach out to us here and we’ll get started.